Prof. Julien S. BAKER
Tel: 3411 8032
Research Professor, Department of Sport, Physical Education and Health
- SYSTEM HEALTH
Professor Julien Steven Baker PhD, DSc is Head of the Sport, Physical Education and Health Department at Hong Kong Baptist University. He is also the Director of the Centre for Health and Exercise Science Research. Professor Baker has published over 450 articles in peer reviewed journals. He is a Fellow of the Physiological Society, a member of the American Physiological Society, and the Society for the Study of Biology (SSOB). In addition, he has membership of the British Pharmacological Society, and the Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology (FASEB). Professor Baker is a Honorary Professor at the University of Ningbo, and has Visiting Professor status at the University of Sydney and Ningbo University Ninth Hospital Medical Research Centre.
Prof Baker’s research has attracted considerable interest from the public and media with several articles published in the Times, Scottish Herald, The Scotsman, Daily Telegraph, The Independent, The Australian, The Guardian, Daily Mail, Daily Mirror, South Wales Echo, Scottish Evening News and Western Mail. Prof Baker had also been interviewed by BBC Radio 4, Radio 2, Radio Wales, Dragon Radio, Bristol Radio and Scottish News.
- Risk Management Analysis for Novel Coronavirus in Wuhan, China
- Risk Prediction and Assessment: Duration, Infections, and Death Toll of the COVID-19 and its impact on China’s Economy
- Benefits of Exercise on Influenza or Pneumonia in Older Adults: A Systematic Review
- Psychological Implications of the Coronavirus 19 Pandemic on Life and Stress
- Searching for the peak of human performance
- Prof. Baker had a RTHK interview about impact of mask-wearing when doing exercises (interval 10:00-14:00)
- Prof. Julien Baker was contributed to SCMP "Hong Kong Covid-19 third wave: do you need to wear a mask if you exercise outdoors … or should you exercise at all?"